Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Rrrrr Don’t Think So!

You can find a short synopsis of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
here, so I’m not even going to bother trying to tell you about this sequel’s plot.

Not that I could, mind you, since I totally went sleepy bye bye halfway through the darn thing. I mean, how many double-crossings can you pack in one movie before they become exhausting for the audience? Too many, it would seem.

Don’t get me wrong – I can recognize that fun of this extravagant saga. But much like happened with The Matrix trilogy, which only devalued the original, it has been a case of too much of a good thing. If I had to pick between the Pirate Way and the highway, well...you know.

In what possibly could be my shortest – and admittedly, laziest – review yet, all I can say this is a summer blockbuster that likely will be thoroughly enjoyed by most everyone…just not by those who appreciate a little substance their style.

My Rating **

Photo: Walt Disney Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment